At the end of November, I joined a 12 Days of Christmas Blog swap hosted by Angie over at My So-Called Chaos. The idea behind this is that you’re paired up with a fellow blogger, and you each exchange 12 gifts to open up on the 12 days leading to Christmas. I was so excited for this and have loved opening up a gift every single day.
I ended up being paired with a girl named McKenzie and she was so much fun to shop for. You can check out her blog here! Go give her some love and support and tell her I sent you! 😉
On December 14th, I woke up and opened my first gift first thing that morning. What can I say, I was really excited to start. I picked one of the bugger gifts she sent and ended up getting the most adorable shadow box calendar. It is already on my desk now, but I’m excited to start using it for the new year!
1. Laura Geller Cover Lock Cream Foundation (Porcelain) – Not only does this foundation smooth over dry skin very well, covers everything on your face, but the fairest shade they make is actually really pale. What I really struggle with in finding the perfect foundation is not only for my skin type, but also shade matching my super pale complexion. So if I really like a foundation but the shade is too dark, I will mix this in with it. Definitely try it out if you’re on the more pale side! I will say this foundation is a little thick, as it is a cream, but if you love a full coverage foundation and don’t mind that, give it a go!
2. L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation (Classic Ivory) – This is my favorite drugstore foundation for dry skin. It is super affordable and I can surprisingly wear the lightest shade they make. It is a more thin consistency and I would say more medium coverage, but it is beautiful and works for us dry skin girls.
3. It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream (Fair) – My only complaint is that the fairest shade is not even close to a good shade match for me. I have to mix this foundation to wear it, even during the summer. With that being said, it’s great for dry skin. It is luminous and has great skin care ingredients in it!
4. Physicians Formula The Healthy Foundation (LC1) – Again, the lightest shade isn’t fair enough, but the foundation is amazing. I find it’s light coverage but it looks great on dry skin and I would rather have light coverage and healthy looking skin than a full coverage foundation exaggerating every dry patch on your face and making you look a decade older. It has a satin finish and I find it looks really beautiful on the skin.
5. Wet n Wild MegaCusion Foundation (Light Ivory) – Typically I love cushion foundations, and this is no exception. What I dislike is how quickly I find they run out! A little trick is to keep flipping the cushion inside the pan over and you will have more product. This is definitely a luminous foundation with a lighter to medium coverage. I really like this for days when I just want a little evening out on my face and don’t want to wear a whole lot of makeup!
Skin Care Favorites for Dry Skin
I wanted to share some of my skin care favorites. This is what I use every single day! I have extremely dry skin that gets flakey and I swear I haven’t had to blot my skin once in my life. It doesn’t matter how much water I drink, how hot it is outside, what products I use, my skin has and always is dry. These are the products that work for my skin and hopefully if there are any other dry skin girls (or guys) out there that need some recommendations, these might help!