On Christmas Eve, I wanted to throw some kind of warm dip together. I have never made buffalo chicken dip but figured I would give it a try and surprisingly, it actually turned out amazing so I figured I would share with you all!
2 cans shredded chicken (drained)
2 packages cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheese (whatever you prefer)
1 cup ranch dressing
1 cup buffalo hot sauce (I prefer 3/4 cup because I find buffalo sauce really tangy so if you want to cut it back, I would recommend 3/4 cup)
Johnny’s seasoning salt & Garlic powder to taste
- Insert crockpot liner (a must!). Add in your 2 packages of cream cheese and both cans of shredded chicken.
- Season this mixture with your seasoning salt and garlic powder. You can skip this step, but I like a lot of flavor in my dishes! Add in ranch packet.
- Add shredded cheese, ranch dressing and hot sauce. TIP: If you like a little extra kick, add in a little cayenne pepper and habenero cheese. My family loves spicy food so I did this and it tasted amazing!
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours. It cooks quickly because the chicken is already cooked and you’re basically waiting for the cheeses to melt.
- Serve with celery, carrots and chips! So delicious.
Not only is this dip incredibly easy to make, it is also something you can make in a short amount of time! It isn’t something that has to be in the crockpot for 6+ hours. It will be done in just a couple hours and you could even crank it up to high and have it done faster. I recommend the crockpot liner because dips tend to stick and are hard to scrub. This is personal preference but it is a must in my book!
I hope you enjoyed!